7.5 Tonne Drivers
7.5 Tonne Drivers Elite Employment Group
At Elite Employment, we have years of experience in recruiting HGV Drivers, Van drivers and Warehouse jobs. We are dedicated to creating working relationships that work and create an environment where employees can find their perfect job.
We know that all professional drivers pride themselves on their commitment and thrive in the driving force as a 7.5 Tonne Driver. The job is ideal for someone who works on their initiative and feels at ease dealing with a wide range of customers. As well as delivering goods, drivers must be able to perform various administrative duties such as giving out POD’s, filling in forms and getting signatures from the customers.
There are different requirements for driving a 7.5-tonne truck, which depends on the driver’s license. Driving license entitlements have changed over the years, so some people who have been driving longer may be able to drive larger vehicles without getting a separate license.
- For people who passed their tests before 1997, there is no requirement to add a further entitlement to their license.
- If a driver passed their test after 1st January 1997, they would have to pass a test to get a C1 entitlement on their license. This is necessary for driving vehicles, weighing more than 3.5 tonnes.
- To drive a 7.5T vehicle you also need to hold a CPC and Digi Tacho Card
Qualities for the Job Role:
- Dedicated and hard-working with a passion for working in the logistics industry.
- A good understanding of the Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations and Working Time Directive