HGV Class 2 Jobs
Types of Drivers Elite Employment Group
Elite Employment Group provides a professional logistics recruitment service, where candidates can find their ideal jobs and where companies can find a hard-working employee. An HGV Class 2 license allows you to drive a category C vehicle, or what is frequently referred to as a rigid. You will be responsible for transporting loads from a supplier to the customer in a lorry or truck that is over 3,500kg in weight.
The Haulage and Logistics industry is the 5th largest employer in the world, meaning there are great opportunities for drivers. Aspects of the job include liaising with customers about other requirements such as delivery times and traveling to the desired destination to unload or load goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of an HGV Class 2 Driver:
- Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Ensure with Transport Manager that the load is correct against the customers’ orders.
- Ensure that on arrival, the delivery is safe to make and respect the customer’s property.
- Provide excellent customer service, handle customer issues on delivery effectively and ask for assistance if needed.
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law, also drive within tachograph law and driver hours limits.
- Look after the vehicle, ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage, and maintain the driving cab’s cleanliness.
- Complete vehicle daily paperwork if necessary.
- Attend essential training to carry out the driver role.
At Elite Employment, we want to create an environment where all the clients we work with are confident to rely on us exclusively to fulfil their recruitment needs.